1.) How much are you comfortable spending on a home?
Property taxes are higher in Texas compared to other states so it will be important for you to know and understand your monthly PITI (principal, interest, taxes and insurance) payment. If you plan to finance your home, it’s also important to talk to a lender about qualifying and other terms such as the down payment requirement, interest rate and available loan types. Contact us for a list of preferred lenders.
2.) Which neighborhoods best meet your budget, lifestyle and criteria?
Are you looking for a neighborhood with a community park, pool or need to be close to downtown or the Austin Bergstrom International Airport? Are schools important? Do you want an older home that has been remodeled or would you like a new home? We know Austin and the surrounding areas. It’s important to have a knowledgeable agent that can help you find the neighborhood and home that fits your budget, lifestyle and needs. Contact us today!
3.) Are you likely to encounter a multiple offer situation?
This really depends on the price and area. It’s important to work with an agent that knows the area so they can educate you on the local market and provide valuable guidance should you run across a competitive bid situation.
Receive a FREE home buyer’s guide via email or by filling out the form below. Our buyer’s guide will take you step by step through the home buying process. Several of the topics include:
· Our commitment and promise to clients
· Step by step look at the home buying-process
· What to expect from a buyer consultation
· Mortgage pre-approval process
· List of preferred lenders
· Steps for submitting an offer
· What to expect after contract acceptance
· Option period and inspections
· Loan application process and final approval
· Title work and document preparation
· Moving checklist and closing on your home